The Kik Messenger is an instant messaging app that WhatsApp wants to outstrip. The main advantage compared to the top dog is that the Kik Messenger does not need a phone number to communicate with others, especially unknown, people. But what about the Kik Messenger for PC?
Unfortunately, there is no separate download of Kik for PC. Nevertheless, you can chat with the app on the desktop under Windows via a small detour.
Kik Messenger for PC: how it works
This is made possible by the all-round tool Bluestacks, which lets you start almost every imaginable Android app even under Windows. Note that you must have an account in the Google Play Store. And that’s how it works:
- First download Bluestacks for free.
- Then install the program on your Windows PC.
- Starts bluestacks and follows the instructions on the screen.
- Via “My Apps” you can now search for the Kik Messenger and install the app on the PC.
- With the “One Time Setup,” you can log in to your well-known Google Play account.
- In the next screen, you deselect all mobile devices that are displayed and confirm the entry.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can search for the Kik Messenger again via “App Search”. Select the entry in the top left.
- Now the Kik Messenger is downloaded to your PC.
- Leave the search screen and you will find the entry for “Kik” in bluestacks.
- Click on “Log In” and you can now log into your existing Kik account.
- Alternatively, a new account can also be created.
Note that this way of starting Kik Messenger on the PC is of course not intended by the developers. This can lead to some problems or crashes. Alternatively, you can use another Android emulator like Andy instead of Bluestacks. There are currently no other ways to use Kik on PC. Alleged web clients or download tools for Windows are often faked that often send a Trojan horse to your hard drive or want to tap your login data.
We will also show you how to find new contacts at Kik. If you are tired of Messenger, you can find out how to delete your Kik account from us.
Sahil Shah is B.E passed out. He loves to write and do experiments with online tools, software, and games. He is an expert tech writer for 10+ years. He is a part-time scientist as well. Eating, and being online at night is what he usually does.